What is Delta-8 THC?
Delta 9 THC is the “regular” THC with which most are familiar in cannabis. Available through various methods of administration, it provides a wide range of medicinal benefits.
Delta 8 THC has electrons in a slightly different position than on Delta 9 THC. It interacts with your cannabinoid receptors in a way unique to Delta 8 THC producing different effects coupled with toned down psycho-activity.
Reasons you may want to try Delta 8 THC:
• Anti-emetic (may help with nausea and vomiting)
• Anxiolytic ( may help reduce stress related anxiety)
• Appetite Stimulant (may increases desire and quantity to eat)
• Analgesic (can provide pain relief and act as a sedative)
• Neuro-protective (may help protect brain from stress, inflammation, and protein build up)
• Memory Improvement (acetylcholine increaser)
Other reasons you may want to try Delta 8 THC:
• It is a good option for patients who find Delta 9 THC doesn’t sufficiently treat their nausea, lack of appetite, or anxiety.
• It can be a middle ground for patients who benefit from the psychoactive qualities of THC but find Delta 9 THC produces uncomfortable or intense mental effects that CBD does not sufficiently relieve.
• Delta 8 THC offers a more clear minded experience with less anxiety than Delta 9 THC.
• Some patients find that using a combination of Delta 9 THC and Delta 8 THC is more effective than when taken separately (similar to the synergistic relationship with THC and CBD)
• Delta 8 THC can help diminish the psychoactive effects of Delta 9 THC
• It increases energy and productivity
Conditions that may benefit from Delta 8 THC:
• Alzheimer’s / Dementia
• Anxiety Disorders
• Cancer / Chemotherapy Induced Nausea and Vomiting
• Inflammatory Brain Conditions (Neuro-protective)
• Loss of Appetite